Join our team!
Can you write and talk?
Exceptional business-writing trainer wanted
- Well-paid contract role in your area, if you’re close to a major city
- Up to 3 courses per week, depending on client demand
- Must have deep knowledge of business writing, communication and be an excellent trainer.
Is this your story?
- Passion for writing, teaching and leaving a legacy
- University qualifications in communications, media, PR or copywriting (or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience as a corporate writer, copywriter or journalist
- 3+ years experience as a trainer, educator or coach
- The credibility and ability to work with senior blue-chip clients.
Be part of our story!
You’re rare: You’re a strong writer, and a great trainer.
Most people are one or the other. But you can do both. Ridiculously well.
Is this your golden opportunity to combine the two things you excel at? And improve the world by improving business communication?
One of Australasia’s most in-demand communication-training companies needs another trainer. If you love writing – especially copywriting – and you love teaching, this could be your ‘sliding doors’ moment.
Our clients are top corporates with high standards and expectations. Almost all our work comes from repeat business and referrals. That means every course you run must be the best course you’ve ever run.
That won’t faze you, though. You have guts, and are up for a challenge.
Dashes & slashes?
At first, people think business writing is dry. But you know better: It’s not about dashes and slashes, but about psychology.
Great business communication is about attention, comprehension and retention. You know that deep in your bones. And the fire deep in your belly makes you want to share it.
Don’t get me wrong: What you don’t know about the technicalities of writing could be written on an apostrophe. But you also understand that quality communication depends more on empathy, influence and leadership.
Are you this exceptional communicator? Is this your chance to step up?
Location: Your major city.
Our expansion is a work in progress, but ideally we’d like to have trainers spread far and wide, not clustered together in one area. That means less travel, and more home time for you!
- All training is delivered at clients’ offices so you’ll enjoy a mix of working in boardrooms and from your home (or your fave beach cafe). Course loads fluctuate, but ideally you’d run 1-2 per week, 3 at a push.
- We may be able to give you additional freelance copywriting work to supplement your training work.
- We might need you to travel occasionally.
- We’ll take care of the logistics and admin, so you can focus just on delivering great training and exceeding client expectations.
- We love to look after our people — we’ll reward you for repeat sales and winning new business.
- This is a genuinely flexible and autonomous role. Work/life balance is important; we’ll do our best to fit in with your life outside work.
- Our established, regular clientele and world-class training materials means you’ll be working with great clients and systems from the start.
Now for the ‘writing’ bit: How to apply
- Write a one-page A4 letter highlighting your key attributes for success in this role. Include a link to your LinkedIn profile, or add a one-page CV.
- Email it to email@example.com with the subject header, ‘Magneto trainer application — I’m awesome’.
- We’ll be in touch to let you know next steps.